I think that for many women, the thought of wearing makeup or trying new makeup is scary because of the costs. I get it! I’m on a budget too and can’t afford to shell out a bunch on all the brand new launches and palettes. My love for makeup, however, keeps me coming back and I’ve learned a few tips for saving money while indulging.
Makeup doesn’t have to be expensive to make a great look!
Here are my best tips:
- Come to my blog! I like to use budget friendly items and I’m happy to help you out with any questions you have- just ask. Most of the time I link up to inexpensive items and can also suggest items depending on your budget.
- Go to a makeup store or counter and ask for help. Be honest about what you’re looking for and your price point. Don’t feel pressure to buy anything. Just ask for advice and ask to try a few things! Don’t be ashamed of you want to start “cheap”- there are some amazing options for as low as a few bucks.
- Ask for the return policy. Nearly all places let you return makeup- even if it’s used! Just keep your receipt and return anything you don’t love.
- Look for palettes that come with eyeshadow and blush. Tarte makes a lot of great options. This is any easy way to create a full look that you know will coordinate.
- Keep an eye out for sales. Stores like Ulta, Sephora, and Nordstrom have annual or biannual sales which are a great time to get killer deals! Also, if you have your eye on a pricey item, sign up that brand’s emails to be notified of upcoming sales.
- Don’t be afraid to shop the clearance end caps at Target, Walgreens, and CVS. I have found some great lipsticks for less than a few dollars.
Some of my favorite makeup brands are drugstore prices and I wouldn’t have it any other way!
For today’s makeup look I used some of my new favorite budget friendly items: the Colourpop Semi-Precious eyeshadow palette ($26), the Sephora Winter Flush blush palette ($16), Colourpop Ulta Satin Liquid Lipstick in Calypso ($6), and my favorite mascara- the L’Oréal Lash Paradise ($8).
I hope these tips help and if you have any questions, just ask!